Living healthily has become a megatrend in the twenty-first century, shaping consumers’ habits and all areas of everyday life. The demands of an aging society and the desire to be mobile and live an active life up to old age has led to a greater awareness of and demand for value-added nutritional foods.
But how are these demands related to the hype around collagen peptides?
Collagen peptides have become more and more popular in recent years due to a wide range of benefits in many different areas of application. All benefits and applications come together under a common denominator: a healthy life. Promoting a healthy lifestyle, increasing mobility and physical performance as well as supporting a youthful skin is what collagen peptides are known for. But despite scientific evidence of collagen peptides’ positive effect on joint, bone and muscular health, some people still dispute the effect of collagen peptides.
At GROW’s virtual roundtable, industry experts from all over the world will discuss opportunities and challenges of the collagen trend for both consumers and the health and nutrition industry by answering the question: Do collagen peptides support a healthy lifestyle or are they just hype with no proven effect?
It is an opportunity for GROW to bring together its members, scientists, and experts on trends and to talk about the role of collagen peptides in an aging society that increasingly desires a healthy and mobile lifestyle.
These experts from around the world and from different industries and backgrounds will participate:
• Nick Deschuyffeleer, Director of Regulatory Affairs Health &
Nutrition at Rousselot, represents GROW as an expert on collagen peptides and regulations that govern them.
• Clare Otridge works an Account Director at England Marketing. With her expert knowledge on market research, she tells us about the current collagen peptide trend and research results on collagen peptides.
• Yasuto Fujita is the CEO of ITG Marketing agency Integrate Co Ltd. in Japan. He is an expert on consumer demand and trends with a special focus on the Asian market and the uniqueness of collagen peptide applications there.
• Keith Baar is a professor at the University of California, Davis, in the department of Physiology and Membrane Biology. He specializes in scientific research on muscles, joints and bones so he can point out the connection between the technical and the medical influence of collagen peptides on the human body.
• Jerk Langer is a doctor and author from Denmark. He is an expert on clinical collagen use in conjunction with lifestyle intervention. In his book he writes recipes for a healthy diet.
• Stefan Gates will lead the discussion as the event’s moderator. He is a TV presenter at the BBC and an author.
Watch the virtual roundtable on June 30, 2022, at 4 p.m. (CEST) live here on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/video/event/urn:li:ugcPost:6941013928332177408/
GROW, the Gelatin Representatives of the World, is holding a virtual roundtable event live on LinkedIn on December 7, 4 p.m. CET, at which experts from all over the world will discuss clean label, consumer demands and food trends and their effect on the gelatin industry.
“Clean Label Insights: How Does Gelatin in Foods Meet Consumer Demands?”
Meeting consumer demands for clean labels in the food industry is becoming more and more important, but the exact definition of what constitutes a “clean” label remains unclear. The key elements of a clean label seem to be the consumers’ desire for simpler products with a transparent and short ingredient list they understand. At the same time plant-based meat and dairy alternatives are rising in popularity, but it remains unclear whether they can fully match consumers’ expectations in clean label terms. How can natural food products like gelatin or dairy take the lead and meet these demands?
Click here to learn more about how gelatin is a natural fit for clean label applications!
GROW - the Gelatin Representatives of the World - is a worldwide working group established by the four regional gelatin associations (GMAP, GME, GMIA and SAGMA). The goal of GROW is to raise awareness of the benefits of gelatin and collagen peptides, strengthen the global dialog with stakeholders and ensure safe, natural and reliable products. GROW informs about news in the gelatin and collagen peptides industry all around the globe. As a member of GMIA we are proud to be part of GROW!
Visit the GROW website and learn more.
GROW industry response to recent white paper published by the Clean Label Association concerning collagen peptides
Gelatin - Unique and Versatile
Experience the versatile functionality of gelatin in everyday applications. Whether used in capsules, marshmallows, protein beverages or gummies, gelatin offers unique properties that cannot be duplicated by any other single ingredient